Skip to main content

Puffins


Dear,


How are you today? Hey I am going to tell you about Puffins. Do you like them? It was my first encounter with them yesterday and guess what I fell in love with them. They are so fascinating, I adore and admire their passion, dedication and patience. 


Will tell you what, as I don't have a decent lenz attached to my simple base camera, I was not able to reproduce a fab moment of their life. But as they quote says because it is a passion I am sharing this with you.


I am not so sure about the type of this Puffins. I think they are Atlantic Puffins. There is two more species, the Tufted Puffin and Horned Puffins. But they are in North pacific ocean. 


This one is from Skomer Island in Pembrokeshire cost, a tiny 2 K.M Island, which will allow only 250 people a day to the Island. (That is what I gathered from the 5 minute intro speech given by one of the guides there). There is every day boat trip to that island starts at 10.00 am depending on the weather. So it is always good to check their website before you go, if you are planning a journey.


It is always good to catch the first boat to the Island, but don't aim for 10.00 am. As you can imagine many other fellow photographers (most of them with their 500ml lnz and full frame body are already in the site for the first boat. So make sure you arrive at-least by 8.30. Those two hours you can wander in the amazing hills and meadows, it is a worth, so there wont be any disappointments.


Hey make sure you have enough food and water with you. And use the toilet in the mainland if you board to the Island. :)


Alright, once you are on the Island, make sure you stick to the footpaths. There is a 30-40 minutes walk to the rocky side of the Island where you can spot the puffins, so don't feel bad as you can't see many puffins closer to you. ( I did).


Alright there we are. Closer to our puffins, aiming for some action shots? Well here is a clue, puffins wave their wings 400 times per minute, so you know the shutter speed required for your camera isn't it? I suggest it is worth borrowing a fast lenz for the occasion as it is worth doing. 


All puffins are black or black and white one with large yellow beaks, so on a sunny day make sure you have control over your white balance. But if you are just visiting the place, enjoy the feeding routines. 


Well there is something else came up so time for me to go, but I will be back soon

Comments

Unknown said…
Lovely picture anywhere is love love love thanks for this marvelous post.
Wholesale Body Jewelry
Karl said…
Lovely little birds, are they able to fly?

Popular posts from this blog

24.എന്റെ നഗരം...

എന്റെ നഗരം... ഒരേ സമയം എനിക്ക്‌ അന്യവും സ്വന്തവുമായ നഗരം... നരച്ച ആകാശവും നനഞ്ഞ വഴികളുമായി...എന്റെ മഴപുലരികളില്‍ എന്നെ കാത്തിരുന്ന നഗരം... ഒരു കൊചു ഗ്രാമത്തില്‍ നിന്നും കാലത്തെ എത്തുന്ന ചുവന്ന നിറമുള്ള ബസ്സിലെ അവസാന യാത്രകാരിയായി ഞാന്‍ എത്തുന്നതും കാത്തിരിക്കുന്ന നഗരം..എത്ര വര്‍ഷങ്ങള്‍ ആവുന്നു ഞാന്‍ ഇതേ വഴികളിലുടെ യാത്ര തുടങ്ങിയിട്ട്‌... ആദിയ യാത്ര...അത്‌ എന്റെ ഒര്‍മ്മയില്‍ ഇല്ല...അമ്മയുടെ ഓര്‍മ്മകളില്‍ അത്‌ ഉണ്ടാവും വലിയ ആസ്പത്രിയില്‍ ഒരു ചെറിയ പഴം തുണിയില്‍ പൊതിഞ്ഞ എന്നെയും ചേര്‍ത്ത്‌ കിടന്നത്‌ എനിക്ക്‌ പനിയായിരുന്നു അത്രേ വലിയ പനി...(എന്തോ പനിക്ക്‌ എന്നെ വലിയ ഇഷ്ടമാണു...ഒരിത്തിരി കുളിരു തന്ന് ഓര്‍മ്മ വെച്ച നാള്‍ മുതല്‍ അത്‌ എനിക്ക്‌ ഒപ്പം ഉണ്ട്‌) പിന്നീട്‌ ഒരു മല്‍സര വേദി തേടി തോള്‍ സഞ്ചിയില്‍ വാട്ടര്‍ ബാഗും കടല മിട്ടായിയും നിറച്ച്‌...വെള്ളയും നീലയും യൂണിഫോമില്‍..സാറാ റ്റീച്ചര്‍ടെ കൈ പിടിച്ച്‌ റോഡ്‌ ഓടി കടന്ന പാവാടക്കാരി ഞാന്‍ ആയിരുന്നു കാലങ്ങള്‍ക്കു ഇപ്പുറം കുന്നും മലയും പുഴയും കാവും കുളവും ഉള്ള നാട്‌ വിട്ട്‌...ഈ നഗരപ്രാന്തത്തിലെ കലാലയത്തിന്റെ ഭാഗമായപ്പൊ നോവും നൊമ്പരവും കലര്‍ന്ന നഗ

...

അവിവാഹിതയായ പെണ്ണ് പ്രണയത്തെ കുറിച്ച് എഴുതിയാൽ അവൾ പ്രണയിനി വിവാഹിതയായ പെണ്ണ് പ്രണയത്തെ കുറിച്ച് എഴുതിയാൽ അവൾക്ക് വിവാഹ പൂർവ ബന്ധം വിവാഹത്തിനും അപ്പുറം ജീവിതം ഉണ്ട് എന്നറിയുന്ന സ്വതന്ത്രയായ പെണ്ണ് പ്രണയത്തെ കുറിച്ച് കുറിച്ചാൽ അവൾ അപഥ സ്ഞ്ചാരിണ്ണി ഒരുവളുടെ നീരീക്ഷണങ്ങൾ അവൾ ആണ് എന്ന് തീർപ്പ് കൽപ്പിക്കുന്ന സമൂഹത്തിനു നമ്മുക്ക് തീകൊണ്ട് തീർത്ത ത്രീഡി കണ്ണട കൊടുക്കാം സമീറ* നീ കരയാതിരിക്കു. .......................... പേര് സാങ്കല്പ്പികം എങ്കിലും ആ കണ്ണീർ പരിചിതം

I forgive the tears I was made to shed, I forgive the pain and thedisappointments, I forgive the betrayals and the lies, I forgive theslanders and intrigues, I forgive the hatred and persecution, I forgivethe blows that hurt me..

I forgive the tears I was made to shed, I forgive the pain and the disappointments, I forgive the betrayals and the lies, I forgive the slanders and intrigues, I forgive the hatred and persecution, I forgive the blows that hurt me.. , a photo by {deepapraveen very busy with work..back soon on Flickr. Dear, I don't know what are you doing now, at this moment, when I am writing this.  I just felt , I should be talking to you right at this very moment, before I change my mind. This moment is destined for talking to you.  Do you believe in signs? Do you believe in the magic of words? Do you believe in travelling with time and with in time? If you revert the question back to me my answer is I don't know. That means I am not sure about the answers. But I often came across them and asked me, ordered me or teased me to believe in them. Well, them may be suggestive but they were/are there, in my life. So I am just wondering have you ever felt the same? I want to tell you abou